We know you want to know.
Thanks to the The Knot Real Weddings Study 2016 (the largest wedding industry study of its kind!), we have data on the top 10 most expensive places for weddings across the country. While the national average wedding price is $35,329, these cities have average wedding costs that sit high above that number.
For those of you who plan weddings in price points well above $35K, keep in mind that this is just an AVERAGE. That means that there are plenty of weddings both in the luxury segment and in the lower price points.
Here, the top 10 most expensive places to get married in the US. (Spoiler alert: New York tops the list.)
1. New York – Manhattan: $78,464
2. New York – Long Island: $67,831
3. New Jersey – North/Central: $62,606
4. Illinois – Chicago: $60,035
5. New York – Outer Boroughs: $59,027
6. Massachusetts – Cape Cod: $58,608
7. New York – Westchester/Hudson Valley: $54,428
8. Rhode Island: $52,328
9. Florida – Southern: $48,596
10. Pennsylvania – Philadelphia/Delaware: $48,093
Photo by Sarah Tew Photography
Want more? Yeah you do!