Consumers are likely to spend 31% more if they read excellent reviews and a one-star rating increase can result in a 5-9% increase in revenue. So how do you stay on top of your online reputation?
Here are 7 tips for managing your online reputation:
- 42% of consumers expect a response in under an hour.
- 25% expect a response on the same day.
- 9% want a response in 5 minutes!
DON’T RUN FROM NEGATIVE REVIEWS.
- If you receive a negative review from a couple, don’t make it a series of heated exchanges. First, acknowledge it online and then reach out to the couple behind the scenes to talk things through.
- Include personal details when responding to a review.
- Send a personalized note to every couple that writes you a review.
- Have a plan and process in place to address all customer service issues.
KEEP YOUR REVIEWS CURRENT.
- 44% say a review must be written within 1 month to be relevant.
MAKE TIME FOR THE ASK.
- Request a review within three weeks of the wedding date.
- Make requesting reviews a habit by adding it to your weekly routine.
FEATURE YOUR REVIEW BADGES.
- You’ve worked hard to get reviews from couples (and win The Knot Best of Weddings!). Make sure to add feature winning badges on your website.
Now what? Log in to My Account to manage your online reputation and request reviews to qualify for The Knot Best of Weddings!
Source: Dimensional Research, 2013; Bright Local – Local Consumer Review Survey 2015; Marketing Land