In the wedding industry, a personal bio is the key to building trust with potential couples. Your couples are about to spend some big bucks on one of the most important days of their life, so they want to make sure they know who they’re working with and that they can be trusted to make their day special.
Here are 10 sure ways to nail your professional bio:
1. Introduce yourself immediately. Start off by telling clients who you are, what your title is and what you do.
2. Tell your story. Let clients know where you started and how you got to where you are today.
3. Establish your credentials. Give clients the confidence to do business with you by listing your degrees, years in the industry, accolades (such as The Knot Best of Weddings!) and more.
4. Share your hobbies. Get personal and share what you do in your spare time.
5. Include a photo. First impressions are important and having a professional-looking head shot can help you make a great first impression, build trust and show off your personality.
6. Showcase your expertise. Demonstrate that you are a leader in your industry–share websites or magazines (like The Knot!) that you have been featured in.
7. Use a conversational tone. Keep the tone professional, but don’t get too formal–showcase your personality by breaking the rules a little bit and write as if you’re having a conversation.
8. Add personality. Try to keep things fun by adding in some humor and witty metaphors.
9. Vary the length of sentences. Alternating between long and short sentences keeps things interesting for the reader, so mix it up.
10. Keep paragraphs short. Most importantly, keep things short, concise and to the point–your bio shouldn’t be a novel!
Log into My Account and get to working on nailing your first digital impression now!