As emojis are growing more popular with consumers of all ages, marketers are now catching up on the trend. We created a sweet list of do’s and dont’s of emoji marketing, check it out:
- Know your emojis: Emojis that seem harmless may carry a totally different meaning than what you may think, so make sure to familiarize yourself with popular ones through sites like emojipedia.
- Don’t use them too frequently: If you use emojis in your marketing all the time, they’ll begin to lose their effectiveness.
- There’s a right time for everything: Only use emojis for when you want to keep the tone of you marketing message light and fun.
- They’re not for everyone: Marketing rules still apply, so make sure the message/audience is appropriate.
- Add a little extra to your subject lines: Use emojis in your email subject lines to make them stand out from other emails in an inbox.
- Get social: Use emojis in social media interactions with customers — it’s always fun to respond to a follower with an expressive emoji.
Remember to keep this list in mind before you jump on the emoji marketing bandwagon!
Source: smallbusinesspr.com; “Embrace Emojis in Your Online Marketing”