Crafting the perfect reviews request email is no easy task. Gregory from Flou(-e)r Specialty Floral Events has spent years perfecting his review requests, and it’s paid off big time — he’s a member of The Knot Best of Weddings Hall of Fame and has 6 consecutive The Knot Best of Weddings wins!
We caught up with Gregory to get his quick tips for creating a winning email that drives reviews:
- Customize it. A cookie-cutter email won’t do! You may start with a base email template, but spend the time to make each email customized to the couple and their wedding.
- Make it timely. Email couples 1-3 weeks post-wedding, they’ll likely just be returning from their honeymoon and the experience will still be fresh!
- Start strong. State your intentions with something like, “I just wanted to make sure we exceeded your expectations and you were happy with our services.”
- Get personal. Remind them of the experience by referencing a special element or moment from the wedding that you loved—this will show couples that you care.
- Stress the importance. Let them know how important reviews are for your business, and for helping newly engaged couples plan their wedding.
- Make it easy. Include a link directly to where couples can leave you a review (ahem, TheKnot.com).
- End on a high note. Thank the couple for choosing you and extend your well wishes for a lifetime of love and happiness.
Ready to start collecting reviews? Log into My Account today!
The Knot Best of Weddings Winner selection is subject to a star-rating system qualification for your market and category. You need a minimum of 10 reviews to qualify, and only reviews received between November 1, 2015 and October 31, 2016 will qualify.