Spring is on the horizon which means wedding season is just around the corner! Make sure you’re at the top of couples’ search results with these 6 easy tips to improve your SEO:
- Easily accessible contact information. Curate your site to highlight essential information that couples will want to easily access, especially on-the-go. Your phone number, email address and shop address should be one click away and easy to locate.
- Build quality content. Great content will draw potential customers to your page and keep them there longer. Time spent and overall traffic to your website boosts your pagerank over time, even if your content isn’t constantly updated. Plus, pairing technical SEO with content marketing will help your search ranking. Connect with couples on social media, watch the words they use in comments on your blog and other blogs in your industry. Those are the words you need to use within your content.
- Get authority. Get listed on other sites that have authority, like other industry pros (e.g. venues and photographers) and major players like TheKnot.com, Two Bright Lights, Google My Business, and Yelp. Double check that your NAP (name, address and phone number) are accurate everywhere you’re listed. Once you’re up and running, test regularly!
- Optimize photo and video SEO. Photos and video continue to takeover thanks to brands like Snapchat, Instagram, Vine and Periscope. Tag this content with terms that are meaningful to your target audience so they can find it faster. And if you specialize in something like “fondant cakes” or “king cakes”, include it in the tag.
- Optimize for mobile. The mobile web grew 400% from 2010 to 2014 and more than 50% of searches are coming from mobile. To ensure that your website is mobile optimized, simplify your site to show the most essential information couples need. Make sure:
- Photos and text have been sized for mobile readability
- Clear call-to-action with an easy-to-click “Request Quote” button
- Reviews are prominent and easy to access
- Photo gallery button easy to find and press
- One-click access to your social pages
Not familiar with SEO lingo? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.