Did you know that over 90% of all new businesses fail? Being a successful entrepreneur takes tons of hard work, a bit of luck, lots of vision and more often than not, good timing! Luckily, there are a lot of successful CEO’s and founders out there that were once in your shoes and have already blazed the path–including our very own Carley Roney, Co-Founder of The Knot.
Carley recently had the opportunity to speak to small business owners and entrepreneurs just like you at the Engage Summit in Orlando, Florida. She shared her experience and top tips for navigating the path to entrepreneurial success. Check them out:
- Passion. Define your mission with enthusiasm
- Optimism. Push boundaries, ask yourself “why can’t I?”
- Decisiveness. Trust your gut, execution is everything
- Relentless. Everything can be improved, expect the impossible
- Transparency. Ask for feedback, listen carefully
- Tech-obsessed. Embrace change, understand what’s next
- Team-obsessed. Bring the right people on the bus
- Connected. Invest in your network, build community
- Gratitude. Appreciation and awe are inspiring
Keep these 9 tips in your back pocket and blaze your own path to success!
Photos: C10 Studios, Garrett Nudd Photography, Laura Dee Photography, Love Life Images, Carla Ten Eyck Photography