As a business owner, it can often be hard to find the inspiration (and the time!) to create offers that stand out from the crowd. So how do you get the word out? Our very own email marketing analyst created a list of tips tricks, check it out below:
Subject Line — Give them a reason to open up your email! If you store names in your email database, this would be the perfect time to personalize the subject line to stand out even more. Here are some examples:
- Jenna, “Holiday Savings Start Today | 50% Off Everything
- Ashley: Two Days Only — 25% off + A Surprise For You!
- Courtney: Don’t wait, Get 40% Off Right Now
Email Content — Be sure your email content and your offer is clear, concise & mobile friendly.
- Bold, eye-catching images
- Clear, can’t miss calls-to-action that stand out
Offer — Make them an offer they can’t refuse.
- Look at last year’s offer(s), how did those work (or not work) for you?
- Check out last year’s email campaigns — was there a specific subject line or call-to-action that worked better than others?
Create Urgency — Consider the time frame of your offer or event. Use phrases like “Starts Today!” or “Two Days Only!” Get them to act now.
Call-To-Action — What do you want them to do next?
- Having a holiday event they need to RSVP for? Give them a bold call to action that links them to your RSVP page.
- Want them to go to your website & shop? Link them there.
- Want them to visit your store? Link them to your location/map page so they can find you.
Make It Shareable — Be sure to add social sharing links to your email and then follow up with a social post (you followers can share & do some of the marketing work for you!).
Remember! Be sure to keep the results of this year’s holiday email campaign handy for when you sit down to plan your 2016 holiday email campaign strategy.
Good luck & Happy Holidays from The Knot Pro Network!