When it comes to planning an event, we know it’s not easy.
- Define goals of the event. What do you want the outcome to be and what are you trying to achieve? Knowing your goals before the event will help you plan to achieve them and determine success afterwards.
- Know your audience, and make sure you tailor event details and activities for them. At The Knot, no party would be complete without a little champagne. Keep the message consistent.
- It’s not just about your brand, it’s also about the guest experience.
- Sweat the details: We’re in the business of making sure all details covered. It could be as small as a beautiful piece of stationary at the bar showing the evening’s cocktails or as big as calling in extra staff with umbrellas on a rainy evening (*cough* The Knot Gala 2014 *cough*) so guests don’t get wet upon arrival. Guests will remember and appreciate the extra effort.
- Surround yourself with vendor partners that share your vision and passion for the event. It will make planning that much easier if everyone is on the same page.
- Be Social: Social Media is one of the best ways to promote your event! Have you ever heard of FOMO (fear of missing out)? It’s a real thing and you want people to feel it for your event. Create an event hashtag for guests to easily engage with you before (add it to the invite and post from behind the scenes), during (post live from the event) and after the event (post recaps and throwbacks).
- STAY CALM! No matter how prepared you are, you can’t predict every element affecting the event (like the weather). Never panic and always have a plan b set in place.
Use these tips and tricks to Invite your Neighborhood and Customers to Shop Small on Nov 28. Click here to create an event.
Have your own tips and tricks for event planning? Tweet us @TheKnotPro and use #TheKnotRocksSmallBiz and we’ll share your advice!
Photography: Elisheva Golani Photography