Did you know that 90% of consumers say that their buying decisions are influenced by online reviews? That’s huge! Clearly reviews are important to the success of your business, but what do couples really look for when reading reviews?
Check out our 5 #FunFactFriday stats to find out:
- The three key traits. When reading reviews, the top three traits consumers look for are overall star-rating (60%), quantity of reviews (44%) and sentiment of reviews (38%).
- The more stars, the better. Only 13% of consumers will consider a business with a 1 or 2-star rating, while 57% will use a business with a 3-star rating, and 94% will use a business with a 4-star rating.
- Newer reviews make the most impact. 84% say a review must be written within 3-6 months to be considered relevant.
- Better reviews = more dollars. Consumers are likely to spend 31% more if they read excellent reviews.
- Reliable service that’s top-notch. The most important reputation attributes consumers look for when making a decision are reliability (27%), expertise (21%) and professionalism (18%).
The Knot Pro Tip:
Reviews are a huge opportunity for your business!
Show couples you are credible and professional by actively requesting reviews
and managing your online reputation. Find more tips for getting reviews here.
Photo credit: Vue Photography
Source: Dimensional Research, 2013; Bright Local – Local Consumer Review Survey 2015; Marketing Land
The Knot Best of Weddings Winner selection is subject to a star-rating system qualification for your market and category. You need a minimum of 10 reviews to qualify, and only reviews received between November 1, 2014 and October 31, 2015 will qualify.