Not convinced that reviews are important to the success of your business? These 5 killer stats stress the importance of reviews and the need for business owners like you to make reviews a priority.
- Second-Nature. 88% of consumers read reviews to determine the quality of a local business.
- Seeking out reviews has become second-nature among consumers. In fact 57% have searched online for a local business more than 6 times in the last year–that provides a huge opportunity for you to get noticed among consumers ready to spend!
- Trust. 72% of consumers say that positive reviews make them trust a local business more.
- Positive reviews have a huge impact on consumers, and will lead to positive actions for you! Keep in mind, 68% of consumers trust reviews more when they see both negative and positive reviews, so don’t fret if you receive negative reviews. Feedback is very helpful–even when it’s not so positive–and is a good opportunity to reflect on your business.
- Influence. 88% of consumers say they trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
- Consumers trust and are influenced by their online peers, and interpret online reviews as if they are reading a personal recommendation from a friend. Remember, authenticity of reviews is key, so make sure to seek out quality reviews that are recent.
- Quantity. 85% of consumers read up to 10 reviews before they can form an opinion about a business.
- Having an array of quality reviews is important. So be sure to maintain your online reputation by asking for reviews, managing your reviews and responding to reviews–regardless of if they are positive or negative.
- Reputation. Reliability (27%), expertise (21%) and professionalism (18%) are the most important business reputation traits for consumers.
- Reviews can eliminate any doubts potential customers may have about a product or service that you provide, so show them that you are reliable, experts in your field and are professional. Knowing that these are key factors consumers are looking for, tailor your messaging to show them that.
The bottom line–reviews are powerful. Now more than ever managing your online reputation is critical to making your business stand out from your competition. A great online reputation–via tools like reviews–significantly impacts a consumer’s spending decisions and habits. So take advantage of the power of reviews and tune in every Monday for #MoreReviewsMonday for tips and advice for getting and maintaining reviews!
SHARE YOUR TOP TIPS FOR GETTING AND MAINTAINING REVIEWS USING #MOREREVIEWSMONDAY ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER AND TAG @THEKNOTB2B.
Source: BrightLocal Local Consumer Review Survey July 2014