Laura Cave, The Director of Trade Marketing here at The Knot, presented a webinar on the hottest reception trends for 2013 – and how your business can incorporate them into marketing materials and messaging to win more business.
What Influences Trends?
- Movies and television are always a major source of ideas for designers and brides-to-be.
- Fashion and celebrities often inspire the looks brides lust after.
- Technology and (social) media help brides build new traditions and capture memories to share after her big day.
- Content Development: The editors at The Knot are always actively developing content for our magazine and website. This process allows them to get a sense of what’s most popular.
- Inspiration from real life: We are also always looking for real weddings to publish in our local magazines – allowing us to pick up on the regional trends in all of our markets.
- Gatsby Glam: Think Long Island country estate meets roaring twenties bash!
- English Romance: Go for lush flowers and break out the silver!
- Mod Accents: Bold colors and strong shapes characterize this trend
- Homestead Elegance: Dress up a ranch wedding with a gilt edge!
- Emerald: Pantone’s Color of the Year looks great on linens, napkins and glassware
Technology Trends: The #hashtag and Instagram photo booth are two great ways you can add detail and value to a bride’s special day.
Couture Cocktail Trends: Give your brides the option of presenting their guests with a cocktail that reflects regional flare or the bride’s signature colors!
Venue Trends: Ever had a bride not know where to start with the traditional seating arrangement? Take some of the pressure off with the hippest new seating option – a more relaxed, lounge setting where guests are free to mingle and groups form organically.
Entertainment Trends: We’ve all seen a bride and groom share a dance – but what about taking it one step further? Let the bride take DJ lessons and spin some tunes for all of her guests!
While it is incredibly important that you know and understand the trends – it is equally as important that your brides know that you know! Get the message across by updating your photos, thoughtfully curating your portfolio and really positioning your materials in such a way that everything you present is helping build your reputation as a trend-setter.
Showcasing how savvy you are can be a cinch by using communication techniques like Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. Brides will rest assured that you will be able to “get” their vision – and flawlessly execute it on their big day!
Have more questions? Reach out to our Strategy Specialist team. They are available Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 6 pm CT at (877) 331-7752 or via email at email@example.com.