Laura Cave, Director of Trade Marketing at The Knot, spoke at The Special Event 2013 in Chicago on what’s hot in reception trends this year. Read on to find out what trends your brides will be on the lookout for in the months ahead. Television and the silver screen have always played a role of their own in guiding fashion and style trends – and this year is no different!
- 20’s Style – Between Boardwalk Empire and the highly anticipated film The Great Gatsby, you can be sure that prohibition-era trends from the 1920’s will be prevalent. This includes a return to old Hollywood glamour, traditional place-settings – even designs with an Egyptian influence (huge in the 20’s!)
- English Romance – Downton Abbey is still going strong, and English romance with sweet details and a royal undertone will be at the forefront of many brides’ minds. Show her soft lace and flowery décor.
- Modern Edge – Don Draper’s board room isn’t the only place boasting a 1960’s modern style. Mad Men is the perfect inspiration to draw from when organizing a reception with a mid-20th century modern twist!
- Homestead Elegance – A slightly more chic offshoot of the “ritzy ranch” from past years, homestead elegance brings the magic of a black-tie affair to a more organic, relaxed and outdoor atmosphere. This is one of the best ways brides can enjoy the best of both worlds.
- Fresh, local food – is one way brides will incorporate hometown favorites into their wedding reception. They want to treat their guests to everything their area’s farmers markets and restaurants have to offer by keeping it local!
- Guest Entertainment is, as always, a HUGE part of a couple’s big day! They’ve planned this event for months now, and want to make sure their guests have a blast. Whether it’s with a photo booth or customized party favors, the goal is to make the event memorable for everyone in attendance.
See what we mean by checking out the photos in Laura’s complete presentation. You can download the slides here.
Have more questions? Reach out to our Strategy Specialist team. They are available Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 6 pm CT at (877) 331-7752 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.