Last week Laura Cave, Director of Trade Marketing here at The Knot, had the chance to speak with jewelry industry professionals at the RJO Spring Buying Show in Phoenix, and gave insight into how to attract more customers and make more sales. Bridal Jewelry is an $11 billion industry and Laura shared several helpful strategies for increasing your market share:
- Know your customer – The Knot bride is sophisticated and established – with an average age of 29 and an average household income above $80,000 (and over ¼ with a household income above 100,000!) These brides are professional and highly educated, with 73% having earned at least a 4 year college degree. They are involved in the purchase of their ring and know what they want.
- Put your website to work – Welcome your bride with a simple homepage, and don’t include intro music (Sshh! Brides are surfing at work!) Be sure to put your contact information directly on the website so the bride can easily get a hold of you. Focus on simple navigation, but don’t forget to show her the bling! Your website is the ideal place to showcase your products. And remember – more and more brides are browsing their favorite websites on a mobile device. Don’t have a mobile-friendly website? No problem! Ask your Strategy Specialist about our mobile redirect option.
- Fish where the fish are – By making sure you have amazing content on your website, you’ll ensure visitors are staying longer and doing more. This will also increase your general web presence and increase organic traffic to your website. Be sure to post new quality content at least once a week.
- Maximize the Sale – Of course the engagement and wedding ring are key – but don’t forget to also “think outside the ring”. There are opportunities for other wedding jewelry (couples spend up to $2850 on other wedding jewelry!), not to mention jewelry for life after the wedding – think anniversaries, birthdays, holidays and baby gifts!
- Earn their loyalty – by staying in touch with your brides and grooms after their initial purchases. Whether it’s a friendly note about how to care for their rings, showing them what additional products you can provide, or keeping them engaged with social media, your brides will keep you in mind for all future jewelry needs.
Want more info? You can view the full presentation here.
Have more questions? Reach out to our Strategy Specialist team. They are available Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 6 pm CT at (877) 331-7752 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.