Whether it’s on your website, your Facebook page or your business profile on TheKnot.com, you have control over the copy you use to describe your business and catch a prospective customer’s attention. If your copy is too long and shouts “Me, me, me!” you might be turning visitors off rather than inviting them to learn more about what you do. At The Knot, our strategy specialists work with thousands of wedding businesses to make the copy on their profiles more compelling, and we can immediately see how brides respond. Try these proven tips to improve any of your marketing copy!
- Make it bride-centric, after all, it’s not about you, it’s about the bride. Change from using the words “I” or “we” to “you” and “yours.” Tell her what you can do for her.
- Tell her what makes you unique, so she’ll be more likely to remember you. Highlight not only your products and services but also your unique strengths so you’ll stand out from the competition.
- Keep it short. Brides are busy and they don’t have time to read big blocks of text. Give her the highlights to peak her interest and key information she needs to know to qualify you as a potential vendor she could hire. Leave the rest for your website or tell her more in person at a consultation.
- Make it skim-able. When you have a little more space, use bullet points, lists or bold lettering on key words to make the information easy to skim at a glance. (Kinda like we did with this list of tips!)
- Include a strong call to action. What do you want your visitors to do? Call? Email you? Submit an inquiry? Always tell your visitors how to take the next step toward working with you and so they can get started immediately.
Need one on one help to improve the copy on your profile? Call your strategy specialist at (877) 331-7752. Happy writing!