Whether it’s by phone, voicemail or your website, your business only gets one chance to make a great first impression on a prospective customer. Resolve to impress the brides who contact you this year with the following tips:
When she contacts you by phone…
- Record a voicemail message that sounds professional and friendly. Get rid of automated messages, and make sure to include your business name and the timeframe the caller can expect to get a call back.
- Answer your business phone by stating your name and business name—brides will know immediately that they’ve reached the right place.
- Try to answer inquiries within 24 hours. Even if you don’t have all the answers at that time, brides appreciate knowing that you’re working on their request. Let her know how long you expect it will take you to research the information she’s requested.
When she finds you online…
- Make your contact information easy to find. Post it on the bottom of each webpage along with a call to action.
- Does your website have music playing? Turn off the auto-play feature since most brides view vendors while they are at work.
- Make your website easy to navigate. If a website is not user-friendly, a bride will look elsewhere.
- Provide as much information as possible to help qualify your leads. Be clear about your style, process, packages, and price ranges so that she can tell whether or not you’re a good fit for her.
- Utilize social media to develop a connection with your bride. Create a LinkedIn account, Facebook page and/or Twitter account to strengthen your relationship with your potential clients.