Have you covered the basics of Search Engine Optmization for your website? If no, you might be missing out on valuable, relevant traffic that could turn into new business. Use this checklist to grow your natural search traffic with SEO friendly best practices:
- Fill out your Google Places/Google + listing with all relevant information about your business.
- Publish something new on your website on a weekly basis.
- Start a blog and post something new every day. Tumblr is a great, minimalist blog platform where you can publish something as simple as a quote or inspirational photo.
- Tweet your posts or post a link on your Facebook page to encourage your social followers to come check out your site.
- Keep content focused on your local area and on weddings. So don’t just talk about photography, talk about ideas for New Jersey wedding photography.
- Add depth to your website by adding more photos, video, and testimonials.
- Let your audience interact with your website by posting comments or hosting message boards.
- Encourage user generated content by hosting a chat on your website where you answer questions and provide expert advice.
- Guest blog on popular local wedding websites. Their links back to your site can help raise your rankings. You could also consider a link swap with colleagues you recommend in other, non-competitive categories.