Now that photos are unlimited, what will you do with all this newfound freedom? How many photos will you post and which ones? Remember, if more of a good thing is better, more of a bad thing is worse! So it’s super important to choose great photos.
On last night’s webinar we reviewed the basics of how to choose standout photos for your profile (not to mention your website, your ads, and social media sites too!). Then we jumped into some new strategies that you can try as you expand your online portfolio. Some strategies we suggested:
- Include the essentials–photos that show off what you do, the space you manage, etc. She won’t book without seeing them.
- Think seasonal: She can’t tell what her wedding would look like in the Fall if your photos are all from summer weddings, so mix up the seasons to appeal to more brides.
- Show off Night and Day: Spaces can look totally different in the daytime than they do at night. Show both or choose a photo shot at dusk so the viewer can imagine both.
- Edit, edit, edit: Let your photos stand as representatives for a certain kind of skill, style, or space. Then show some variety. If all your photos look like more of the same, you’ll risk looking like a one note wonder.
- Stay on Brand: No matter what, choose images that reflect your best work AND the kind of work you want to be doing in the future.
This certainly isn’t a comprehensive list–what else has worked for you? Share your own photo tips in the comments below!
If you missed the webinar, you can catch the replay here. As always, please let us know if there are other webinar topics you’d like us to cover. We’re looking for new ideas for 2013!