Yesterday at Catersource, we shared the hottest trends in weddings and what it means for the yummiest part of the wedding–the food! Check out the highlights below and download the slides for tons of inspirational photos!
Top Catering Trends:
- Great Gatsby Glam: Think “more is more” appetizer and spirit pairings like Brie & Chardonnay, Tacos & Tequila, Caviar & Vodka.
- English Romance: Take inspiration from teatime with a Biscuit Bar or Shortcake served in teacups.
- Mod Accents: Think bold colors and strong shapes for big visual impact.
- Homestead Elegance: Choose concepts that have one foot in nature and the other in traditional elegance.
- Emerald Green: Try poppyseed cupcakes in sparkly green liners, inspired by the Oz trend. Get more emerald city inspiration from Anja on TheKnot.com.
- Interactive Food: Entertain guests with flights (think bourbon or tequila!) and tastings that bring the chef front and center!
- Unexpected Stations: Bruschetta bar anyone?
- Couture Cocktails: Think savory flavors (try Fig & Thyme or Cucumber & Jalapeño) or let guests build their own!
- Farm to Fork: Couples love keeping food local!
- Late Night Food: Go for informal indulgence with spiked milkshakes or fresh french fries!
For more wedding food ideas, visit TheKnot.com!